COVID 19 Response & Procedures
The safety of our team, members, guests, and our community is our top priority. See our Response and Procedures below.
“It’s wonderful to have a space to safely commune with other hard working people. While it was great to remain connected via Zoom and Slack during the initial shutdown phase of the COVID-19 response, there’s nothing quite like seeing your fellow co-workers, even if they’re 6 feet away and largely hidden behind a mask.”
“Being back feels great! I missed our community so much. While we connected online during the shutdown, nothing replaces being here in person. We’re following all guidelines provided by the CDC and the State of Pa, and I and my dedicated team are here to make sure your coworking experience is the best and safest it can be.”
“The overwhelming sense of community here has made navigating the “new normal” much more bearable. Not only are we as team striving to do what we can to keep the space clean and safe, but members have also been great supporters of our efforts and that has made all the difference!.”
COVID UPDATES PER CDC & PA STATE
Updated May 17th 2021
Masks will be optional for fully vaccinated members.
However, if you choose to go unmasked, vaccinated or not, you do so at your own risk.
You will need to acknowledge our new COVID mask guidelines when you or your guest sign in next. You will only need to do this once.
Please make sure you continue to wash those hands and stay home if you are not feeling well.
While we will not require proof of vaccination, we ask that our members do what is right by our entire community.
Even if fully vaccinated, we do suggest wearing a mask for the time being when:
- Moving around the building, for example, in stairwells and other situations where distancing or airflow is limited.
- In the kitchens or around food.
- In larger groups, especially if you are not sure if those around you are fully vaccinated or not.
OCCUPANCY GUIDELINES – TO GO INTO EFFECT JUNE 1ST 2021
- Per the State’s increased occupancy guidelines, we will allow for increased occupancy of our conference rooms and 6th-floor venue.
- We will keep our full-time floors at a reduced occupancy level and not crowd our flex floors. There is ample room to spread out and distance.
- People who are fully vaccinated can choose to sit at a large table together if they would like. Again, this is done at your own discretion.
To keep you safe, the team and our members are doing the following:
UPDATED May 22nd 2021
- We’re following the CDC and State guidelines, which you can find posted in both of our buildings. You can see our friendly signs all over our facility. Who said signage needs to be boring?
- We’re cleaning all high touched SURFACES throughout the day, disinfecting the check-in station after each use, and cleaning the entire space at the beginning and end of each day
- Medical Grade Air purifiers have been installed on each floor and in every conference room.
- 2500 square foot venue space allows for socially distanced meetings of groups up to 25.
- 15-minute buffer between conference room usage.
- Each of our floors has a limited amount of people per 2500 square feet. Desks are spaced out and members are distanced from each other.
- Each floor of our main building is on its own HVAC system, meaning air is not being circulated throughout the building. Filters are changed out regularly.
- Doors and windows are open to allow for fresh air to circulate throughout the main building.
- Our soap dispensers make cleaning your hands for 20 seconds easy and fun. They will even smile at you while you washup to make sure you are washing for the suggested amount of time.
- We have outdoor coworking for when you need a breath of fresh air or a place outside to meet with clients.
- Hand sanitizers have been placed throughout the building for your hand cleaning convenience. Sneeze guards are available for meeting rooms.
- Stay connected via our virtual channels: Slack and our new Candy Factory community via the Mighty Network platforms.
“While I loved having the extra time spent with my dog at home during the stay-at-home order, I’m glad to be back at The Candy Factory! Even at a distance, it’s great to be around the energy of others. It helps me get motivated and stay productive throughout the day.”
THE CANDY FACTORY MEMERSHIP DETAILS
What Do We Do?
Coworking and shared professional workspaces help promote business growth, creative thinking, shared brilliance, and collaboration through an affordable office solution. The open space concept we provide offers many advantages, from networking and collaboration opportunities, to easily accessible and shared resources. Both locations are perfect for small businesses, freelancers, remote workers, nonprofits, and other community members/groups from various professional backgrounds.
Our mission is to foster our community and help spur the growth of small businesses in and around Lancaster City by offering the resources and support needed to encourage that growth.
We think outside of the traditional office space:
We Share, We Gather, We Imagine, We Create, We Thrive, We COWORK!