The Candy Factory and Radius CoWork have joined forces to bring you the very first conference to unite coworking communities across Pennsylvania.
The Candy Factory, Lancaster, PA
Date: April 26, 27, 28
Coworking in PA is on the rise. With this exciting growth, several spaces have recognized a need to come together as a coworking community to discuss and expand on the philosophy guiding our communities, collaboration, sustainability, and accessibility. We feel that now is a good time to catch up, share what we’ve learned, and set an intentional course for the future of coworking in our state. Through that process, we want to create a support network for each other as the movement grows.
The Candy Factory—a 14,000 foot coworking space in Lancaster, PA that opened in 2010—will be hosting the first annual conference. This conference will include:
2017 Conference Features – See Agenda Below
– Multiple featured speakers
– Multiple panel discussions
– Skill sharing opportunities
– Fun evening activities based around togetherness
while enjoying the local flavor of Lancaster.
Our goal is to discuss trends in the current coworking movement and how to best push the healthiest trends forward. Of course, we’ll enjoy many of these conversations in the best style of coworking—through the serendipity that can only occur when we combine a group of passionate and talented people in the same room (with beer, wine, and maybe a little whiskey). We look forward to building relationships and getting to know you all!
Come join us November 2nd-4th and immerse yourself in all things coworking.
SPEAKERS TO INCLUDE
6:00PM – 9PM – Meet & Greet
9:00PM – 11:00PM – “Getting To Know You” gathering at The Candy Factory (The Sixth Floor)
Location – The Sixth Floor / The Candy Factory
8:00AM – 9:00AM- Check-in / Breakfast
9:00AM – 12:00PM – Speakers & Panels
9AM – 9:45AM – Welcome & Presentation on changes in coworking, trends, and culture
Anne Kirby, The Candy Factory
9:45 AM – 10:00 AM – Q&A
10:00 AM – 10:45 AM – Community
Alex Hillman, Indy Hall
10:45 – 11:00 AM – Q&A
11:15-12:00PM – Panel – Were You Raised in a Barn? Community dynamics & Member Engagement
Group Discussion – Panel Anne Kirby, Sean Fedorko, Alex Hillman, Sam Abrams
12:00PM – 1:30PM – Lunch
1:30 – 5:30 PM – Speakers & Panels
1:30PM – 2:15PM – Coworking and Politics
Sean Fedorko – Radius Coworking
2:30PM – 3:15PM – Bigger Than Yourself – Making an impact in your local community
Josh Lucas, Work Hard Pittsburgh
3:15 PM – 3:45 PM – Afternoon break / Snacks
3:45 PM – 4:30 PM – Marketing your coworking space
Sean Fedorko – Radius Coworking
4:30 PM – 4:45 PM- Q&A
4:45 PM – 5:30 PM – Building Bridges – Coworking collaboration between spaces.
Panel – Sean Fedorko – Radius Coworking, Alex Hillman of Indy Hall, Mike Embrescia, NWPA
5:00PM – Finish for the Day
6:30 – 10:00PM – Friday Evening Event – Location TBD
Unconference Day (knowledge and expertise exchanged)
8:00 AM – 9:00AM – Check-in / Breakfast
9:00AM – 12:00PM – Discussion & Breakout into groups
- To get funding or not to get funding, that is the question
- Open Concept vs hybrid
- The coworking manifesto – What it is and why it’s important
- Type of incorporation: Social impact, B Corps, Single Owner, co-op, non-profit, etc
- Shared spaces, maker spaces, and art co-ops
- Technology and how best to integrate it into your space – comparing the software, hardware, and services we subscribe to for operations.
- Coliving – The next big thing?
- Running a Coworking Space – The dos, don’ts, and management
- Marketing Your Coworking Space – New organization – The collaborative Group.
- Coworking Resources / Technology- Wiki projects & google group, softwares (i.e. conf room, invoice, etc)
12:00 PM – 2:00 PM – Networking Lunch / End of Conference.
More to be announced. Join our SLACK Channel to stay connected.
Please email us at hello@CoworkingPa.com for details.
Accommodations and details to be emailed after sign up.