How Writers Can Break Through Fear?
So You Want to Write with Suzette
You have a big hairy audacious goal: write a book where you share your personal story or big idea with the world. But you also have a problem: Fear. Fear of starting. Fear of getting through the messy middle. Fear of being rejected when you reach the finish line.
In this episode of So You Want to Write a Book, Suzette discusses the fear that will inevitably arise during the creative process. Hear how other writers have successfully coped with fear. Learn strategies for both embracing and combatting fear. Listen as Suzette shows you how to move from paralyzed to empowered in your book writing journey. Are you ready to face your fear and write your story? Let Suzette help you find the way.
- Fear will always show up in your writing journey because writing is bringing something into existence that wasn’t there before and the unknown is scary.
- Let fear come along for the ride with your creativity but don’t let it drive your decisions.
- One antidote to fear is to dig into it.
- Fear can provide you with useful information; it can point you in the direction of exactly what you need to do.
- Don’t beat yourself up when you feel afraid in your writing journey. In fact, if you aren’t afraid at least some of the time, you may be playing too small.
- Be afraid and do it anyway. Take action on that book you’ve been dreaming about. Life is too short to stay stuck or to play small.
Be sure to listen or watch our latest show for more tips!
ABOUT So You Want To Write A Book
My goal is to break down the complex process of becoming an author so that you can finally write the book that’s been nagging or tugging at your heart. Even if you never plan to write a book, I’ll share tips that will help you become a more informed reader or a more effective writer in your work life.
So take out your pen and notebook (okay, your phone or laptop!) and let’s get started!
Learn more about me and my book coaching secret sauce at www.yourstoryfinder.com
The Candy Factory Media Collective
So You Want To Write A Book is produced by The Candy Factory Collective for SO GOOD LANCASTER, another great project of The Candy Factory Coworking in Lancaster, PA. The show is produced by Anne Kirby with production support by Anna Tran and Jason Mundok. Administrative support by Arianna Henderson.
Writing Workshops: Helpful or Harmful? So You Want to Write a Book with Suzette The writers' workshop: a model that was developed in the 1940s by white male writers...
Stop Calling Yourself an Imposter So You Want to Write with Suzette You are writing a book and are wracked with self-doubt. You feel like a fraud, like you aren’t a “real”...
How to Battle Resistance in Your Book Writing Journey So You Want to Write with Suzette You want to write, but you aren’t writing. You say tomorrow will be different, but...
COWORKING IN LANCASTER
GATHER. IMAGINE. CREATE. THRIVE. COWORK
THE CANDY FACTORY
Lancaster City CoWork + Social Club
A Place To Work & Socialize With Other People.
We think outside of the traditional office space:
We Share, We Gather, We Imagine, We Create, We Thrive, We COWORK!
Schedule a tour HERE.
The Candy Factory
342 N. Queen St.
Lancaster, PA 17603
Monday - Thursday 8 AM - 6 PM
Friday - 8 AM - 5 PM
(Happy Hour for members every Friday at 4 PM)
Saturday 9 AM - 12 PM
Sundays - Closed