This week on Brain Candy, automotive industry professional and entrepreneur Lori Johnson of Ladies Start Your Engines gives us advice on taking your vehicle in for service.
1. How To Find A Shop
2. What To Know Before You Go
3. Ask Questions
About Ladies Start Your Engines
Ladies, Start Your Engines is an interactive automotive maintenance and knowledge class designed FOR women and girls of all ages BY one of the industry’s leading female automotive experts. Leveraging over 30 years of automotive experience, Lori Johnson provides hands-on exposure to basic car maintenance in the safest possible environment.
Using real-world examples, Lori demonstrates basic maintenance checks that anyone can perform and offers advice for adjusting when things don’t go as planned. LSYE classes empower the less-mechanically-inclined to effectively communicate their car care needs, understand the jargon mechanics use, and even perform light automotive maintenance on her own.
- ASE certified technician
- A.A.S. in Automotive Technology
- B.A. in Women’s Studies and Sociology
- Instructor of Automotive Technology
- Training Coordinator for Alliance of Automotive Service Providers of Pennsylvania (AASP-PA)
- State Vehicle Inspection Instructor (Pennsylvania)
- State Emissions Certified (Pennsylvania)
- SEMA Member
- Member of SEMA Businesswomen’s Network
What is Brain Candy? A series of short, digestible nuggets of wisdom from our coworking members.
Are you creating content and need a great place to create? Check out our Media Studio at The candy Factory. Join our community, and share your knowledge. Learn more about our membership options, and schedule a tour.